Big Al / Glasrud
27° 12.697' N
80° 00.259' W
February 24, 2010
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM TRAINING
Built in 1954,
The tug had undergone repairs at American Custom Yachts in Stuart, but the owner was unable to pay the subsequent bill.
The yard foreclosed on the owners after the tug sat idle for a year, and then donated the vessel to the MartinCounty Anglers Club.
The Big Al, dedicated as Glasrud Reef in appreciation of developer Tom Glasrud’s financial assistance on the project, now rests upright in approximately 190 feet of water nine nautical miles off St. Lucie Inlet.