Mariner II Tug - Mary St. Phillip

SPECIFICATIONS

MAX DEPTH

RELIEF

COORDINATES

125

0

0

38

m

m

ft

ft

26° 13.353' N

80° 03.189' W

SUNK DATE

May 01, 1993

28

ft

9

m

110

ft

33.3

m

RECOMMENDED MINIMUM TRAINING 

HISTORY

  • Launched: December 1943, originally built for the US. Army as a tug by the Jakobson Shipyard at Oyster Bay, New York.

  • The service record of LT‐6 is unclear. It’s likely she participated in some capacity during World War II, as several of her sister ships, including LT‐5, reportedly served in "Operation Mulberry,” which was the construction of two artificial harbors during June 6-14, 1944, in conjunction with ”Operation Overlord,” better known as the D-Day invasion of Normandy, France.

 

Name History:

  • Major Ocea L. Ferris - LT‐6 (1943)

  • Captain Eric J. Newman

  • Falcon

  • Mary St. Phillip

 

Divesite:

The tug Mary St. Phillip and a 120-foot long barge comprise the Mariner II artificial reef site off Broward County, and are therefore known locally as the Mariner II Tug and Mariner II Barge.

The Mariner II Tug rests approximately 400 feet to the north of the Rodeo 25, and 800 feet south of the Mariner II Barge, which is just offshore of the freighter Union Express.

LOCATION

Have Feedback on this Site?
  • Black Instagram Icon

©2019 by WreckWiki.