25° 31.789' N
80° 05.243' W
February 01, 1985
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM TRAINING
Launched: April 1958, as a freighter by Compañía Easkalduna for the Spanish firm of Lakes Shipping in Bilbao.
1970: sold to Naviera Alvar Gonzalez (Spain)
1976: sold to Naviera Peninsular (Spain) and back to Alvar Gonzalez
passed on to the Panamanian company Naviera Peninsular
1978: sold to Sanroc International (Panama)
1979: sold to Naviera Atlantis (Panama)
1980: sold to its final owners, Scott Line (Panama)
1984: sold to a Cayman Islands owner, that stripped the freighter of its engine parts and other saleable items, and abandoned the vessel along the MiamiRiver
1984, Fish and Game Unlimited of Homestead purchased the vessel for $10,000 and donated it to Miami‐Dade County for use as an artificial reef.
Lago Isoba (1958)
Azuero Dos (1976)
Atlantis III (1978)
Atlantis V (1980)
Sir Scott (1980)
On February 1, 1985, the freighter Sir Scott was sent to the bottom following the detonation of several hundred pounds of dynamite. Due to a frozen rudder that hindered its towing, the Sir Scott was actually scuttled five miles north of its intended destination. The Sir Scott now rests upright and intact in approximately 220 feet of water south of Fowey Rocks, three miles east of the Ragged Keys.